How the Amazon Affiliate Program Works
What is the Amazon Affiliate Program?
Table of Contents
How Does the Amazon Affiliate Program Work?
- Associates create an Amazon Affiliate account on the platform.
- Each associate is given a unique Associate ID by Amazon.
- Once an associate’s application is approved, associates begin creating affiliate links with their account.
- Associates place their links where their audience can find them, like on their websites, or in their video descriptions.
- Once the link is made and someone makes a purchase through it, the associate earns commission.
Especially in the beginning of your time as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, your earnings will likely be on the lower side, so keep that in mind when starting out as part of the associate program.
Different categories of products have different commission rates per product sold. Before you get started with the Amazon Affiliate program, be sure to read through the commission rates chart for different product categories, so you can get a better understanding of how much you stand to make from being part of this program.
Amazon Affiliate Program Requirements and Policies
Many of the rules are implemented for the sake of preserving ethical standards and to prevent any exploitation of the system from happening. This means as long as you and your online presence’s moral standards are intact, there should be little to no problem fulfilling these rules. Highlights among the rules include:
- Associates must disclose in their communications that they’re eligible to earn from their recommendations to their audiences.
- Associates must not make false or deceptive claims in their recommendations.
- Associates should not use affiliate links in offline promotions, eBooks, or email.
As a side note, the Amazon Affiliate program may be one of the more popular affiliate programs, but it’s not the only option out there. There are many other affiliate programs that you could try your hands at, especially if you’re not sure you want to commit to Amazon’s system just yet, or if you end up not qualifying for approval into the program. You could even participate in several at a time to increase the scale of the affiliate marketing you’re a part of.
How to Become an Amazon Affiliate
1. Establish an Active Online Presence
Establishing an online presence for your Amazon Affiliate status to be built upon may sound difficult, but rest assured that it’s easier than you’d think. All you’d really need is a website upon which you create content that will reach audiences interested in what you do. Are you new to creating websites? I’d recommend you use Website.com‘s Site Builder, which works in a straightforward drag-and-drop manner that’s great for beginners and experienced users alike, to get yourself off to a strong start. Are you more experienced with creating and running websites? I’d recommend you create a site using WordPress; of course, WordPress sites need hosting, and for hosting, I’d recommend using Doteasy, which has given me great experiences with its guaranteed 99.9% uptime flexible range of hosting options, and quality in-house support. Give these options a try and see what you think!
2. Sign Up to the Amazon Affiliates Program
3. Fill Out Your Affiliate Account Information
4. Your Online Presence
5. Fill Out Your Details
6. Your Site’s Operations and Scale
7. Select Your Payment Method
8. Access Your Dashboard and Create Amazon Affiliate Links
Looking for ideas on how you can integrate earning income into your online presence? Read this article about how to make money online. Good news: by following this guide on becoming an Amazon Affiliate, you’ve already started off strong in your journey of making money online, so don’t hesitate to learn more about how you can build off of what you already have going for you!